Clemson (4-2) hosts South Carolina (3-2)
- 🆚 Opponent: Caroline from the south
- 🗓 Date hour : Tuesday, September 6 • 7 p.m.
- 📍 Location: Clemson, SC | Jersey Gymnasium
- 📺 Watch: ACCNX
- 📊 Statistics: Live statistics
Clemson: List | Schedule | Match notes (PDF)
Car park: Jervey’s parking lot and Lot 5 are free and open, except for ADA parking (for fans with a state-issued sign) in designated locations. Fans are encouraged to use these two grounds for Jervey Gym matches.
- Clemson wraps up their home stand by taking on South Carolina in the Palmetto Series presented by SC Education Lottery
- The last time the Tigers and Gamecocks met was on September 3, 2021, the Tigers retired in four sets.
- Tuesday’s game marks the first time the two teams have met at Jervey Gym since September 12, 2019
- Clemson last beat the Gamecocks, 3-1, on September 5, 2014
- The Tigers’ last victory over South Carolina in Jervey dates back to September 6, 2013 when the Tigers won 3-2
- Last weekend, Clemson went 1-2 at the Clemson Invitational after taking down Jacksonville State and The Citadel in five sets and sweeping Gardner-Webb in three
- Junior Camryn Hannah has taken on the role of Clemson’s go-to striker
- Hannah ranks seventh in the conference in knockouts per set (3.59) and sixth in points per set (4.30)
- She’s had at least 20 kills in every game this season and leads the program in kills (79)
COMING OFF THE BENCH
- The Tigers have seen strong performances come from off-bench players
- The one who made an impact during the Clemson Invitational was rookie Sophie Catalano. Catalano finished the weekend with six kills, six aces, 12 digs and a block in 13 sets played
- Another impact player off the bench is sophomore Azyah Dailey. Dailey finished with 32 eliminations in 13 sets at the Clemson Invitational while adding five blocks
- Rookie Becca Micelle also provided a spark for the Tigers with 31 digs and an ace while posting a perfect receiving percentage
- Senior Ani Clark has appeared in over 70 matches and over 240 sets during her college campaign
- In the first weekend at BOB, Clark recorded 31 kills in three games while maintaining a .605 hit percentage.
- She was second in the NCAA in field goal percentage (.605) among Division I players, while leading the ACC after Week 1.
- At net, Clark has totaled 42 solo blocks and 136 assists during his career.
- Sophomore Devan Taylor has started at liber in every game this season
- In the 2022 season opener, Taylor set a career-high for digs with 27 against Austin Peay, surpassing his previous mark of 24 against Virginia last season.
- She leads the team with 107 digs and is third in the conference with 4.65 digs per set.
- She leads the conference in total digs and is 35th in the NCAA with 107
- Taylor also added seven aces during the season, which is tied for second on the team.
AVCA ACADEMIC AWARD
- The volleyball team won the 2021-22 USMC/AVCA Team Academic Award after finishing with a team GPA of 3.36
- Last spring, every member of the program wore a 3.0 GPA or higher to boast a program high 3.5 GPA for the semester