Israeli National Sentenced to 30 Years in Federal Prison for Forcing Dozens of Girls to Produce Child Pornography | USAO-CDCA


LOS ANGELES – An Israeli was sentenced today to 360 months in federal prison for blackmailing dozens of girls into producing child pornography for him.

Elad Gaber, 39, was convicted by US District Judge Philip S. Gutierrez, who also ordered his release on life supervision once he has served his prison sentence. Gaber pleaded guilty on May 7 to one count of using an interstate commerce facility to induce a minor to engage in criminal sexual activity.

Since at least 2010, Gaber has carried out a systematic “sextortion” scheme on dozens of victims, starting with obtaining compromising videos of the girls. Gaber located the victims via social media and found some “embarrassing” type of material of them, usually suggestive or nude photos.

He would then locate the victim on Facebook, copy her contact list, and threaten to broadcast her compromising video to her entire contact list – often including her parents and classmates – if she did not live-stream sex acts according to a detailed script.

If the victims didn’t comply immediately, Gaber blackmailed them by sending them screenshots of the consequences of non-compliance, often either from a pre-written, but unsent, message to the girls’ relatives with the embarrassing material. seal or the consequences for previous victims where he had sent the material.

For those who have complied, Gaber is said to require the girl to perform the script on herself during a video chat while he gives live comments and reviews.

For several victims, Gaber used material from the cam sessions as additional material to blackmail them. If a victim refused to do as he asked, Gaber in revenge distributed his pre-compromising material to some of his social media contacts, which often included the victims’ parents.

In 2014, a Los Angeles federal grand jury indicted Gaber after a victim in Southern California reported him to law enforcement. Israel extradited Gaber to the United States last year to face criminal charges in the case.

In court today, some of Gaber’s victims spoke of the emotional impact they suffered from his actions, which led for some to drug addiction, suicide attempts and lost opportunities. education and employment. Several victims also told the court that despite the trauma, they were able to overcome what happened to them. As a victim finished her statement in court today, she told Gaber: “Not only am I a victim, but I am a survivor.

The FBI investigated this matter.

Assistant U.S. Attorney Catharine A. Richmond, Violence and Organized Crime Section, continued the case.


Source link

Previous Dozens of popular apps are considered unsafe for children in the UK
Next Navi Mumbai: NMMC employee caught by camera throwing garbage in mangroves, action launched | Navi Mumbai News

No Comment

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *