Chatting with other players and developers is a great way to communicate and meet new friends who share your same gaming interests. And with that communication in mind, the Roblox gaming platform filters out all chat messages. to ensure that no inappropriate content or personal information is shared.
But even with these safeguards in place, Roblox gives you even more control. If you don’t find the chat interesting or if it prevents you from playing, you can always turn it off completely.
If you want to learn how to turn off chat in Roblox, you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we are going to discuss what you need to do to turn it off. In addition, we will give an overview of the various privacy and security rules established by Roblox.
How to turn off chat in Roblox on a PC
If you are using a PC, follow the steps below to disable in-game chat:
- Open your browser and go to Roblox website.
- Sign into your account.
- Tap the gear icon at the top right and select ‘Settings’.
- Select “Confidentiality”.
- Select “Person” from the drop-down menu under “Who can chat with me? “
Keep in mind that this change only affects in-game chat. If you want to turn off in-app chat, repeat these steps and select “Nobody” under “Who can chat with me in the app?” “
How to turn off chat in Roblox on the mobile app
Many like to play Roblox games on a smaller screen. If you are one of them and want to turn off chat using the mobile app, follow these instructions:
- Open the Roblox app.
- Tap the three dots in the lower right corner.
- Tap “Settings”.
- Press “Confidentiality”.
- Search for “Who can chat with me” and select “No one” from the drop-down menu.
If you want to make sure that no one can chat with you even when you’re not playing, repeat these steps and select “Nobody” under “Who can chat with me in the app? “
How to turn off chat in Roblox Studio
Roblox Studio is the Roblox game creation platform, available for Windows and Mac.
You can disable chat using Roblox studio by following the steps below:
- Open Roblox Studio.
- Select the plus icon next to “StarterGui” on the right side.
- Select “LocalScript”.
- Name the script local. We suggest you use “Disable Chat”.
- Type “game: GetService (” StarterGui “): SetCoreGuiEnabled (” Chat “, false)” in the window.
After applying the code, you will not see the chat box and the chat option will not be available.
How to turn off secure chat in Roblox
Since Roblox is kid-friendly and has a wide range of games for young audiences, it does everything to protect them. It allows parents to track their children’s activity, filter out profanity, inappropriate language, personal information, and more. One of the options available is Safe Chat.
Safe Chat allows players and developers to communicate through a moderated mode, with filters that prevent personal information such as names, personal addresses, and more from being revealed. Users with this feature are subject to more severe censorship and cannot use certain languages to communicate with others.
Depending on the age of the user, this option may be enabled automatically. So, if the user is under 13 years old, the Safe Chat feature will be automatically activated and there is no way to deactivate it.
You might be wondering if it is possible to just change the date of birth and remove the Safe Chat feature. If the registered account is under 13 years old, Roblox will not allow you to change it. However, if you accidentally got the wrong date and are over 13, you can contact Roblox Customer Support. You will see an online form that you need to fill out and explain your problem in detail. Customer service will contact you as soon as possible to help you correct the error if possible.
On your 13th birthday, the privacy settings will be updated automatically and the Safe Chat feature will be disabled. If this does not happen, you will need to contact Roblox Customer Support and sort it.
How do I monitor my child’s activity on Roblox?
As mentioned, Roblox has plenty of kid friendly games and it keeps kids safe online when playing. If your child enjoys playing online games, you can create an account in your name and track their Roblox activity.
To monitor their history, you will need to log into the account. Here’s what you can track:
· Chat – You can monitor this by tapping on the “Chat” window in the lower right corner of the web version or by tapping the message bubble in the mobile app.
· Messages – In addition to viewing chats, you can also view your child’s private message history. In the web version, tap the three lines in the upper left corner, then select “Messages”. In the mobile app, tap the three dots in the lower right corner and tap “Messages”.
· Friends – Roblox allows you to review your child’s friends and followers. If you are using the web version, tap the three lines in the upper left corner and select “Friends”. In the mobile app, tap the three dots and select “Friends”.
· Games – Many customization options allow you to choose which games are available for your child. You can always check what games they’ve played recently and make sure they’re appropriate by selecting the “Home” button in both the web version and the mobile app.
Roblox cares about your security
As a child friendly service, Roblox is focused on protecting the privacy and safety of its users. Chatting with other users is often useful and fun, but Roblox limits the chat options based on the age of the users. In this way, Roblox ensures that there is no inappropriate language or sharing of personal information.
If users are over 13, they can customize their chat options. If you are a parent and have created an account for your child under 13, you can do so for them.
We hope this article has helped you learn more about how to turn off chat in Roblox. Along with this, we hope you have understood when it is possible to change your age and adjust chat settings.
What chat settings have you customized in Roblox? Do you play games with chat enabled or disabled? Tell us in the comments section below.